PE100+ Association 19th Advisory Board Meeting
PE100+’s advisory board’s annual meeting took place in Riga/Latvia. Our expert panel from several countries outside and inside Europe came together for the 19th time on June 7, 2018.
Ulrich Schulte as Chairman of the advisory board welcomed the members and opened the meeting.
Hans Pierik as president of the PE100+ association provided a review of our 2017 activities and projects which included the European and Asian communications efforts: Members of PE100+ provided lectures at a number of events: MCsSZ conference/Budapest, Münchner Kunststoffrohrtage, PPCA Spin-off South-Africa, Trenchless Romania, Trenchless Indonesia, PPCA Spin-off in Hangzou/China, Trenchless Balkans, Curso sobre diseno e instalacion de tuberias Spain, North Cyprus conference of Turkish utility members, Trenchless Philippines
In addition to these events, a press release on the no-dig tool has been issued, further improvement and promotion of the PE100+ website had been presented.
Following this review, activities planned for 2018 were shared including the promotion of our new website, participation to various conferences and follow-up of technical studies. Special focus was given on the upcoming PPCA Conference Plastics pipes XIX in September in Las Vegas, where PE100+ is actively contributing as member of PPCA as well in the organizing committee of the conference.
After the overview on PE100+’ activities, the conference continued with very interesting contributions by the guest speakers:
- Standardization: update on ISO & CEN activities – Steve Beech / SHB Consulting
- Insufficient homogenization during extrusion of PE-pipes – Windows and their effect on butt fusion joint integrity - Mike Troughton / TWI Ltd UK
- Changes in market, cast iron pipes to HDPE products 2008-2018 – Edgars Vilkins / EVOPIPES
- DVGW Project 3-01-14 Requirements for pipes made of PE100RC for alternative installation techniques – Werner Wessing / E.ON
- Ductile iron pipe in water distribution. Technical and marketing advantages of PE100+ - Tom Sangster / Downley Consultants Ltd
The topic on PE100 vs. ductile iron was further elaborated in two workshops that focused on
- Lifetime cost of ownership and environmental/sustainability
- Service life and potable water safety
And provided further valuable insight into advantaged of PE100 materials as well as ideas for promotional activities.
PE100+ would like to express their gratitude to the members of the advisory board for the fruitful discussion and their valuable input to the activities of the association. A special thanks to the guest speakers for their preparation and excellent presentations.