PE 100+ Association 17th Advisory Board meeting 2016
A large industry panel from several countries outside and inside Europe together with 2 local guests came together for the 17th Advisory Board Meeting held on May 31st 2016 in the city of Lisbon.
Hans Pierik as new president of the PE100+ association welcomed the members of the advisory committee and started with a review of our 2015 activities and projects which included the European and Asian communications efforts: presentations held at Würzburger Kunststoffrohr Tagung DE, Shanghai Spin-off conference of Plastics Pipe CN, ISTT Conference Istanbul TK (presentation by Toms Sangster on the No-dig tool), Ugetam conference Istanbul TK and the activities of the PE100+ subgroups in the Middle East and China.
The activities planned for 2016 were shared including the promotion of our new website, participation to various conferences and follow-up of technical studies.
The meeting continued with very interesting interventions by the guest speakers:
- L. Simas, Ersar: Portugese approval scheme for products in contact with drinking water
- F. Rocha Leite, Alfatubo: Examples of successful PE100 projects in Portugal
- N. Jansen on behalf of Reinert Ritz: Project challenges and solutions with large diameter fittings and flanges –
- T.Sangster, Downley Consultants: PE pipe in trenchless applications – Online technical guide -: Website demonstration of the new Technical guide
- T.Calton, TEPPFA: Product environmental footprint (PEF) of PE100 pipes -
The rest of the day was devoted to working sessions, first to discuss trends in PE100 pipes and how to strengthen PE100 pipe position against other materials, second to exchange ideas on how to overcome challenges of pipe installation in demanding environmental conditions and last not least to provide and update on PE100 pipes and drinking water quality
PE100+ would like to express their gratitude to the members of the advisory board for the fruitful discussion and their valuable input to the activities of the association. A special thanks to the guest speakers for their preparation and excellent presentations.
2017 meeting will be held in Athens, June 7th.