- 08 / 02 / 09Is PE pipe suitable for new supply or collection networks?
Yes. PE pipe is ideally suited for new supply networks. Applications in which PE pipe is widely used by our customers include: Gas mains distribution networks Gas service supply pipes Water...Read more
- 0000-00-00Can PE pipe be used for replacement or rehabilitation of existing pipe networks?
Yes, The strength and flexibility of PE make it the preferred material by our customers for replacement and rehabilitation of existing pipe networks. Replacement of existing pipe networks in open...Read more
- 08 / 02 / 09Is any special equipment needed to lay PE pipe?
No special equipment is required by our customers for the laying of PE pipe when compared with other pipeline materials. Pipe diameters up to 200mm can generally be laid using manual techniques,...Read more
- 08 / 02 / 09What are the bedding requirements for PE pipe?
Customers normally advise that trench bottoms should be excavated to provide a reasonably even bed along the pipe length and free of sharp stones or other objects that could damage the pipe. Sand for...Read more
- 0000-00-00What levels of productivity can be achieved in PE pipe installation?
PE can normally be installed much more quickly than most other pipe materials. The productivity of laying PE, from excavation to reinstatement and commissioning, depends on a number of factors;...Read more
- 08 / 02 / 09How can I verify details of the pipes and fittings that have been installed?
Good Quality Assurance by the contractor is necessary to achieve this. The contractor should record location of pipes to provide suitable location in the future and this should be carried out in...Read more